About Plum Creek
The property now being developed into Plum Creek was formerly known as the Mountain City Ranch.
The ranch property was assembled by San Antonio’s Richard Van Wyck Negley and his wife early in the 1900s and was used for grazing goats and cattle, cotton production, and recreation. Negley’s wife, Laura Burleson Negley, was the great-granddaughter of General Edward Burleson, the second vice president of the Republic of Texas, and the man who helped found the cities of Austin and San Marcos. He also introduced the bill in 1848 to establish Hays County, in which Kyle is located. General Burleson’s son, Edward Jr., was married to Emma Kyle, daughter of Fergus Kyle, the man who had founded the small central Texas town in 1880.
The heritage of the family in Hays County and central Texas is matched by the progressive role they have played in making it a better place for generations past, present, and future. The family’s continued involvement in the development of the region’s first New Urban community is a fitting evolution of that legacy. To further the connection to area families and those that have influenced Hays County over the years, the streets in Plum Creek are named after real Hays County people in a nod of respect to the community and the people that have built this neighborhood.
In 2006, the Hays Consolidated Independent School District dedicated the Laura Burleson Negley Elementary School which is located on a ten-acre site donated to the district in the heart of Plum Creek’s first phase.
Property Owner Association Declarations – Plum Creek Mixed Use
Property Owner Association Declarations – Cromwell District
Plum Creek Design Guidelines & Architectural Review Submission Sheet
2006 New Development of the Year
2005 Austin Business Journal MPC of the Year
SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY NEWSLETTER FOR UPDATES, INVENTORY, TIPS, & MORE